Terms and Conditions of the Test to Travel Pre-Departure Testing Service, a service delivered by the Awanui Group.
Information about pre-departure COVID-19 testing and terms and conditions
The following information includes important details about our COVID-19 testing and the terms and conditions that apply for testing. Please read all of this information carefully before seeking any tests.
Most travellers are currently required to have a negative COVID-19 test to travel overseas from New Zealand. Different countries have different timeframe requirements for when your pre-departure test must be taken. These requirements have been changing frequently, so it is important that you check the relevant country’s requirements from official sources for the most up-to-date information. You should also check the requirements of the airline that you are travelling on. To arrange your pre-departure test, please follow the information on the website.
We always take reasonable care and skill to provide our services in a reasonable timeframe, but there are some things that we cannot control, and those things will affect how quickly you will receive your pre-departure test result, such as:
- the demand for community testing at the time you take your pre-departure test;
- how far your testing location is from the laboratory or how long it will take your test sample to arrive at the laboratory; or
- your doctor or testing centre, who may be responsible for providing you with your test result.
For these reasons, our laboratories cannot guarantee that you will receive your pre-departure test result before your scheduled flight. We recommend that you arrange to be tested as soon as the country you are travelling to allows.
What is the cost of a pre-departure test?
Travellers must pay for their own pre-departure tests. You can find the cost of our pre-departure testing services on our website. This must be paid via the website if attending one of Our testing clinics or to your doctor or other testing centre. Your doctor or testing centre may charge additional fees.
Pre-departure testing terms and conditions
Our pre-departure testing services are provided on the terms and conditions set out below. You agree to these terms and conditions when you use our pre-departure testing services.
1. In these terms and conditions:
(a) “You” means the individual who is using the Service. “Your” has a corresponding meaning.
(b) “We” or “Us” means the Asia Pacific Healthcare Group, including Our laboratories. “Our” has a corresponding meaning.
(c) “Service” means Our pre-departure testing services, including the provision of a pre-departure test and the laboratory analysis for the test sample.
Using the Services
2. Services must be arranged online through our website. This involves registering with Us and ordering the Services. The website will guide you through the steps you need to register and place an order. The order process allows you to check and correct any mistakes before submitting your final order. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the process. Services cannot be ordered by telephone.
4. You are solely responsible for selecting the Services and for ensuring that any Service You order is suitable for you and your intended purpose in ordering it. This includes determining and verifying any pre-departure testing requirements of the country that You are travelling to and the airline that You are travelling on. If in doubt, contact your destination country’s immigration department, travel agent and/or Your airline.
5. To use the Services, You must provide a test sample to Us so that We can perform a laboratory analysis. We are not responsible for the services or information you receive from them or any other third parties.
6. You accept that we may not be able to process any test sample that you provide to Us, including if it is of insufficient quantity or quality. We will let you know if this is the case.
7. If we are unable to process the test sample for reasons beyond Our control, we will not be liable to You for any loss or costs incurred by You and You may need to obtain another pre-departure test.
8. We will provide Your test result electronically to You and to your doctor or testing centre. We are not responsible for the security or communication of Your test result once we have sent it to You, Your doctor or testing centre.
9. While we will take reasonable care and skill in providing the Services, no COVID-19 test is 100% accurate. You may receive a positive or negative result by using the Service, but this does not guarantee that you have or do not have COVID-19. Any reliance on Your test result is at Your own risk. It is important to follow any directions from your doctor, a Medical Officer of Health or the Ministry of Health.
10. Any timeframe given for when You may receive Your test result is an estimate only. We are not responsible for any delays in providing the Service for reasons beyond Our control, and will not be liable for any failure to provide the Service within any estimated timeframe unless we have not exercised reasonable care and skill.
Payment, changes and cancellation
11. You must accept and pay the cost of the Services in full before receiving the Services.
12. Payment must be received in full before We process your order. You can pay by credit card (including MasterCard and Visa). All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Once payment is received, we will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending you a confirmation email.
13. To cancel your booking, please follow the instructions provided on Our website. Cancellations incur an administration fee per person. Detail of cancellation fees are available on Our website. Any refund will be credited back to the credit card used to make the booking. Refunds may take 3-5 working days to process. No refunds will be given if you miss your appointment, cancel your appointment within 24 hours of your booking or have already taken your test.
14. Appointment times can be changed prior to your booked time at no charge
15. Additional tests can be added to your booking up until an hour before your appointment and any associated fee paid online.
16. Downgrading your test will have the price difference refunded.
17. By ordering a Service, you give us your informed consent to obtain a suitable sample and perform the tests you have ordered.
18. You acknowledge that We will collect, use and disclose your information to provide the Service and to comply with our statutory obligations. This may include notifying the Medical Officer of Health and/or local health or law enforcement authorities of test results.
19. You also consent to the use of Your personal information in ways that do not identify you, for scientific research, studying aggregate medical or clinical trial data, or to assist us with business analysis, marketing, and service and product development. This is done in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020.
20. We will provide the Service that You have requested in accordance with these terms and conditions and all applicable laws in New Zealand. This includes treating any test sample that You have provided in accordance with the Human Tissue Act 2008.
21. If We are unable to perform the ordered Services for any reason, we will inform you by email or by telephone and refund your payment within 10 days.
22. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects any rights You have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, unless You are acquiring the Service in trade, in which case You agree to contract out of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, provided that it is fair and reasonable to do so.
23. Subject to clause 22:
(a) In any event, Our liability to You, and Your liability to Us, however, such liability may arise, shall be limited to the cost of the Service paid by You.
(b) We will not be liable to You for any loss (including direct and consequential loss) or costs incurred by You due to reasons beyond Our control, including if insufficient samples are provided.
(c) We will not be liable to You for any loss (including direct and consequential loss) or costs incurred by You if Your test result does not meet the requirements of the country that You are travelling to or the airline that You are travelling on.
Other important things
24. Neither party to these terms and conditions will be in breach of these terms and conditions because of any failure due to reasons beyond that party’s control, such as any strikes, shortage of labour or materials, Government orders or other events.
25. If You or We waive any breach under these terms and conditions, it will not mean that You or We are waiving any other or subsequent breaches. Any waiver must be in writing.
26. Our obligations arising from confirmation of your order and the Services are owed only to you. No one else can have any benefit arising from our confirmation of your order or the Services we provide.
27. If for any reason a term under these terms and conditions is invalid or unenforceable, all other terms will still be binding and remain effective in full force.
28. These terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law and New Zealand courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising under these terms and conditions.
29. We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The terms and conditions in force at the time you place your order will apply to that Service.